Skip Sub Menu

Registration of Non-Drake Students

An individual interested in taking courses for academic credit but who is not seeking a degree is welcome to enroll as an unclassified student.

Students who have been denied undergraduate admission to Drake are not eligible to enroll as unclassified students without the permission of the vice president of admission and financial aid.  Non-degree students (unclassified) are held to the same probation and suspension standards as admitted, degree-seeking students and limited to 9 credit hours per term (fall, spring, or summer). Some graduate programs have a limit of 6 credit hours per term (fall, spring, or summer) for non-degree seeking students.

Hours earned as an unclassified student may or may not apply toward a degree program. 

Please view the admission requirements in the Drake catalog if you meet any of the following criteria:

You are interested in taking Drake undergraduate classes as a visiting student or non-degree student

You are a full-time student at Des Moines Area Community College or Grand View University and would like to cross-enroll at Drake

You are a former Drake student who would like to complete your degree program

You are a high-school-aged student who wishes to earn college credit through Drake

You are interested in taking a Drake graduate level classes as a visiting student

You are an educator interested in registering for distance education courses to meet your professional development needs

You are a senior citizen who would like to audit a class at a discounted tuition rate - The process for registering to audit a course as a Senior Citizen is the same as a non-degree-seeking/visiting student.  The tuition cost is outlined in the Student Financial Planning Tuition and Fees website: Senior Citizen-Audit a Class.


University Calendar 
University News